Friday, October 27, 2017

Words

Words that we put together and take apart....


Words that shine brightly on the I pad screens....

Words that we listen to....


Words that we recognize and write....

Words that are revealed when we paint..
Words that we search for like hidden treasure....


The classroom is populated with words. They're everywhere, and the children are learning to read them. But they're also memorizing the most important Word of all: the Word of God, the Bible.  They're hiding it in their hearts and learning to apply it to their lives. As they listen to the Bible stories, they are hearers of the Word, and they're working on becoming doer of the Word also.....doing things like loving their friends at ALL times (Prov. 17:17) and doing their work "with all our hearts as working for the Lord." (Col. 3:23). 

Though growth and maturity sometimes seems like a long, hard process, every once in awhile I'll see evidence that God's Word is truly active in the lives of the children---for example, when I hear one child telling another, "God loves you.  He loves you all the time."

I hope that as their reading skills progress, the students will read the Bible for themselves. I hope they’ll dig into it and look for the treasure buried there. I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to them the meaning of the message they read. I pray that God’s word will shine brightly in their lives, giving them instruction to on how to live, and truly be a lamp unto their feet and a light unto their paths.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  Psalm 119:105

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only..." James 1:22

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  Hebrews 4:12

"Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."  Psalm 119:11 

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."


No comments:

Post a Comment