Friday, May 6, 2022

Heroes, Heroines, and Princesses

  "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37



We all like a good story. The heroes and heroines face challenges. They encounter dangers and trials, and sometimes they're driven to the brink of defeat. But with courage, determination, and help from their friends, they survive and triumph in the end. We love our storybook characters and also our real life heroes, who, like David, are not afraid to confront Goliath. 
In class, we've been talking about what it takes to be a winner. A winner perseveres and never gives up. A winner doesn't say, "I can't." A winner says, "I'll do my best. God will help me." A winner doesn't whine. They learn from their mistakes. We'll be winners if, in the end, regardless of the outcome, we've done our best. 



The school year is quickly coming to a close, and these heroes, heroines, and princesses are all winners. Inspired by Bible heroes like David, Daniel, and Paul, and empowered by God's Holy Spirit, they are fighting the good fight and coming out victorious. 
" I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." II Tim. 4:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment