Saturday, February 11, 2023

My Heart Goes Out to You


"Look, Mrs. Kemp! It's a heart!"

The students are learning about the miracles of Jesus, and in chapel they heard about the miracle of the loaves and the fishes. Jesus fed 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish. (Matt. 14:5-20) To  remember the story, students made bracelets with two foam fish and five macaroni loaves.
I took a picture of the kids modeling their bracelets, and when they saw the photo of all their hands together, they noticed a heart in the center. 





 February is the month for Valentines and for learning about kindness. How fitting that the students would see hearts everywhere. Though it's not always obvious, the children are learning what it means to "love your neighbor as yourself."

The kids sometimes tease, tattle, boss, and complain. (This behavior is typical for their age group, and adults should understand but not tolerate it.) Yet in spite of the occasional squabbling, at the end of the day the students will usually tell me their favorite part of the day was "playing with my friends."   

The students are learning that joy is found when we love one another.

"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.  These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." (John 15:10-12 ESV) 



No comments:

Post a Comment