Monday, January 29, 2018

Dinosaurs





































I don't know exactly why, but kindergartners seem to love dinosaurs. The loud growls! The sharp teeth!  Maybe they enjoy being scared----in a safe kind of way. After all, dinosaurs are extinct. And, even though the dinosaurs in the Prehistoric Park roared and moved as if they were alive, the kids had their parents there to protect them.

We adults sometimes encounter scary things, too....problems that cast large shadows in our paths and dangers that lurk around every corner.  The difficulties we face are real. Parenting is tough. Life is tough. But we, also, have a heavenly Father who walks with us every step of the way. We have a Savior who promised that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

I've been through a few really frightening situations in my life.  I can't say that I've always been a paragon of faith, or that my trials were just a "walk in the park." (Well, maybe they were a walk in Jurassic Park.) But I can say that God has always been faithful to walk beside me and to bring me safely through the difficulties I've faced.

When our kids are afraid, we can reassure them that God will always be with them, and we can rest in the confidence that He's with us, too.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33
                                                                                                           
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."  Psalm 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment