Saturday, January 13, 2018

Surprise!

A Great Day for a Party
Celebrating with Crowns and Beads and Glasses


Waiting to Be Served

Chillin' with our Friends


Oooh....king cake! 
Yum!



Delicious!

Fun!

The King Cake Baby

Pizza!

Cool dude
Just when we thought Friday was going to be an ordinary day--program practice, spelling test, reading groups, math centers, indoor recess (ugh!)... Surprise! It's party time! My sweet class decided to celebrate my birthday.

At PBS, we live out I Thessalonians 5:16: "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

There's always reason to rejoice, even on a cold, wet Friday. And I'm am finding so many reasons to be thankful. I'm grateful for the thoughtful parents who planned the event and for my sweet students, all decked out in Mardi Gras beads, crowns, and cool shades, who were bursting with excitement at the idea of surprising the teacher.

The kids and I gave thanks for the king cake and the pizza, remembering that "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17

Every day is filled with good gifts and surprises.  In this New Year I've resolved not to miss the good gifts---both great and small---that the Father daily offers. I don't want to get so wrapped up in my Things-to-Do list that I fail to appreciate the kids' drawings, to smile at the cute and funny things they say, and to celebrate their daily triumphs.

Rejoice always! Surprise! It's party time.

No comments:

Post a Comment