Friday, October 23, 2020

Learning to Be Good Citizens

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,  for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way." I Timothy 2:1-2 (ESV)
This week the students got a lesson on good citizenship. They learned that citizens of the United States of America  have a privilege and a responsibility to vote for our leaders. This decision is not to be taken lightly; as Christians we make our decision after prayerfully considering our choices and allowing our Christian worldview to inform our decisions. 


 One of the students took the message to heart. He accompanied his mom when she went to vote and insisted that she "vote for Jesus." 

I'm not really sure which candidate would get an endorsement from Jesus. But I do know the Bible tells us to pray for our elected officials so that we can live peaceful, godly lives. As my pastor Steve Foster says, "And when you step out of the voting booth, you can look up and remind yourself, “My hope is not in this world.”

I look at the boys and girls in my class and wonder what their future will look like. But when I consider their intelligence, their energy, their tender hearts, and their love for Jesus, I feel encouraged. I pray as they mature, they will be strong in their faith and will grow in their understanding of God's love for them.

Speaking of energy...

In science lab, the students have been learning about energy, force, and motion. Here are a few pictures of these energetic kids in action.













No comments:

Post a Comment